What Can We Do?
The home-buying experience is an intimate process that I approach from the very beginning, as a team effort. The team, of course, requires active participation from all parties. As your Realtor®, I will listen carefully to gain an understanding of your needs and interests and guide you through every step of the process, but ultimately this is YOUR new home. So what can you do? How can you be an active participant in this process? Below are a few effective, time-efficient ways that you can help make this team successful:
1. Ask Questions—The home-buying process can be confusing! Ask lots of questions! Be confident that if I do not know the answer right away, I will work to find it and report back what I learn. I am here to find the answers. There is no ridiculous question, so please—ask away!
2. Use Online Resources—If you have some free time, visit www.jacobmercier.com and click on “Search All Homes” and then “Search All Listings.” From this tab on my website you can search and view pictures of all homes that are currently listed on the market from the comfort of your personal computer. Another excellent resource for home-buyers is www.realtor.com.
3. Review Listings—Spend time looking through the listings and pictures that I forward to you. Give me feedback on what you see that you like and dislike. This helps me in finding homes that interest you and weeding out homes that won’t meet your needs. It will also make the best use of your time when viewing potential homes.
4. Drive-Throughs—Is there a neighborhood or part of town you are interested in? If you are out running errands or have a little extra time in the evening or on the weekend, drive through the area. Get a feel for the surroundings and make sure it has what you are looking for in a new neighborhood. I would highly encourage that you drive through multiple times and at different times of the day and night.
5. Attend Open Houses—If you are out and about and see an Open House you might be interested in, stop by and check it out! Let the Realtor inside know that you are working with me and they will be glad to have you walk through. If you like it, I can always schedule a private viewing for us to take a closer, second look together.
6. Process and Communicate—After viewings, take some time to process what you have seen. Make notes about what you like and don’t like. I will ask you about your thoughts and feelings to help guide our next step in the process.